I had the exact same thought as Sam when I was little- I used to say, If there's a Mother's Day and there's a Father's Day then when is there a Kid's Day? I thought this was only fair and perfectly reasonable to expect. My mother would reply that every day was Kid's Day, and only once a year did she get a day devoted to her.
Humph. You didn't see ME getting presents and flowers and breakfast in bed every day.
I would repeat my concern for the poor children of the world every Mother's Day, in case she had thought about it during the year and devised a way to undo the injustice. She never did.
I should probably remind her next May, in case a fairer holiday schedule has occurred to her.
1 comment:
I had the exact same thought as Sam when I was little- I used to say, If there's a Mother's Day and there's a Father's Day then when is there a Kid's Day? I thought this was only fair and perfectly reasonable to expect. My mother would reply that every day was Kid's Day, and only once a year did she get a day devoted to her.
Humph. You didn't see ME getting presents and flowers and breakfast in bed every day.
I would repeat my concern for the poor children of the world every Mother's Day, in case she had thought about it during the year and devised a way to undo the injustice. She never did.
I should probably remind her next May, in case a fairer holiday schedule has occurred to her.
:)
Post a Comment