Sunday, November 15, 2009

Should have known


I have always felt guilty for not taking our kids to the football games. At the same time knowing that there is a degree of which it is not age appropriate. Well, this week I decided to take Sam and leave Chris at home with Amy. (date with Amy vs. driving to Eugene for a quick 20 hours = Chris giving up tickets) The game started at 7:20 pm. Knowing this I really tried to get him to nap on the way to Eugene. With no nap and lots of excitement we headed for the game at 5:00.
In the parking lot we met Duck Trooper...
After a trip to the Mo center we got some eye wear and some new duck toothbrushes and headed into the game. The fist touchdown happened with 2 minutes off the clock and I look down to my sweet Sam who is sitting (not standing and cheering like the rest of the stadium) with glazed eyes and very slowly clapping. I sit down and try to give him some food when I realize he is falling asleep sitting up. So I lay him on my lap and sure enough by the second touchdown (7 minutes into the game) he is sound asleep in my arms.
With the help of my family I was able to get him up the stairs out of the stadium and home to my parents where he slept wonderfully for over 12 hours and I was able to watch the game on TV in a warm house.
We had a great day in Eugene where we saw good friends, fed the animals at GG's house and then went to a Duck Basketball game. It was then he asked me, " Mom, it isn't going to start at my bed time is it?" To this I answered no and we had a blast.


No comments: