Saturday, May 2, 2009

Crazy Week

We have had a week of lots of Happy to you songs, travels, tears, help from friends and family and then most of all "hold yous". 
Last week we spent the weekend celebrating my mom's 60th birthday at the beach. We had a wonderful time as a family. We met the "new Sarah" who is Court's new girlfriend. I am not sure if she is the new Sarah what that makes me... It was an ideal weekend with tons of fun on the beach and lots of family time. 
As Sunday rolled around, my parents and brother and I left Portland to join my dad's family in California to celebrate my uncle's life. As many of you know he had been sick for about a year with cancer. The service was an amazing tribute to what a wonderful man he was. It was very good to see my dad's side of the family. It had been at least ten years since I had been there and seen a lot of my cousins. How we had all changed. 
Chris and the kids did an amazing job of keeping the house in one piece and everyone very happy. I can't tell you how happy I was to see them when I got home. I have been doing a lot of "hold yous" since coming home.
The link below will lead you to photos of GG's farm (stopped by on the way to the beach), the beach, and the week without me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Court's new girlfriend is ADORABLE~ How fun to see pics! Looks like a fun weekend.