Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Milo

Sam took this Picture!
We all know that Sam has been sleeping with his Milo's for a very long time. I put them in his bed when he was two months old and they are still there. They have been to Eugene many times, Hawaii, Texas, Black Butte and the beach. To say the least our lives are run by the "boys". There is a fuzzy Milo and a not fuzzy Milo. Only Sam can tell by rubbing the ears who is who. Sometime there is a tall Milo when stretched and a short Milo when pushed together. Sometimes is the sister Milo and the brother Milo. All of the time it is the two Milo's. A few months ago one of the Milo's lost and eye. I was able to sew up the eye and Sam was okay with the job that I did even though it was a little off. 
Last night after letting me give them a bath (in the washing machine) Sam went to bed with the boys as usual. Also as usual he came down to see what I was doing about 15 minutes later. I took him back to bed. Then Daddy came home, and they spent some quality time together. Chris got him back in bed and again Sam came down about 10 minutes later. This time he was very upset. "I can't find my Milo's. They are lost forever." To say the least we sent him back to bed to look in all the usually places, floor, under sheets, and pillows. When I went up later to do something I noticed that he was almost asleep and without the Milo's. He sadly looked up and said, "Mommy I couldn't find them they are going to be gone forever. They must have walked away while I was reading my books." How could I leave him so sad? After searching his room I realize that yes they were missing. So I started to think like Sam, since I have to do this often it was not very hard. I then went for a walk and found them up on the dresser where when Chris came home and changed his clothes Sam must have taken them in to help. When I reunited them with Sam, he was so excited and quickly fell right to sleep. 
It is so amazing what two small stuffed animals can do for a person. I find myself emotional at the thought that some day they will not be the center of his world, but for today they are and that makes me smile! 

2 comments:

Jessica Baker said...

How adorable is it that he thought they walked away forever? What a kid.

Rebecca said...

That is the sweetest story ever. I love that he thought they walked away while he was reading his books. Sweet boy!!

p.s. Will thinks that Sam is already smarter than him :)